Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowmageddon

Last Saturday night i was over at Nik's house watching some football. Go 49ers! After the game, the local news came on and a breathless info-babe* went on and on about "SNOWMAGEDDON 2012!"

"Whatever," I said to myself. "People in Seattle are wimps when it comes to snow." I will admit that the snow here carries more moister and turns to ice easier, but people in Seattle are quick to flake out on their responsibilities and go sledding.

For example, SeatteU Law cancelled classes on Wednesday, Thursday, and probably Friday too. Long story short, i haven't had class since Tuesday morning and i'm getting a little antsy. I took a walk today and snapped a few iphone pics.




This bus was stuck

* "Info-babe" is a term that was coined by Rush Limbaugh and refers to women who are cute when compared to the other people who usually host the local news, but probably wouldn't cut it as a bond girl. See Fox News. Anytime.

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, but you're little fun in the snow is throwing a huge kink in my Chinese new year plans. You owe me Seattle, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Lucky! Oh what I would do for a few extra days - maybe then I could catch up. Enjoy the snow for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, don't encourage him. This is the kind of behavior we can't support.

    ReplyDelete