Monday, October 24, 2011

This weekend I bounced all around the State of Washington. I hit Seattle, Spokane, Spangle, and Sewiston. I wanted four "S" words in a row.

I spent the weekend with Chelsea and got to experience the life of a pastor's wife for a few days. Let me just say, it's no fun to be judged by the length of your skirt and the texture of your casserole. She shared with the kids and afterwards I threw dodge balls at them. Also we met a pumpkin with a drinking problem.

Today I got a surprise call from Tommy. After the initial obligatory pleasantries we got down to business discussing the commune. We decided the ultimate goal besides living simply within a tight knit community would be to get our own show on cable. A tougher decision is what kind of show to film. There are a lot of options. Maybe something for PBS like, "Sustainable living with Cody" or a show about cooking with things you grow in your own garden. I'm thinking "Natural Delights with Alban, Phil and Jacqueline." Or maybe something a bit more spicy like, "The Real Housewives of the West Whitman Estate." Or we swing for the fences with a concept show featuring impromptu musical numbers and Alban and I as an ambiguous couple who own a frisbee fetching border collie. I'm open to suggestions.

Also, Coldplay has a new album out. I like it. I don't care what the ivory tower hipsters at pitchfork think.

In a perfect world we would all be lying in the middle of the floor listening to it.

4 comments:

  1. Haha. In a perfect world, yes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, i guess i should eat my words about pitchfork... I agree with pretty much everything in their review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oprah has her own network. Let's not set the bar too low when thinking about our media exposure. There's room on television for all the shows you mentioned and we haven't even gotten to the scintillating political commentary we could air. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete